When you have a change that impacts people, the shift in knowledge must be rapidly followed by a strategic and planned approach to increase skill. At Ripped Orange our approach to project based change has successfully supported people through many projects and links to a longer term goal of skill development.
No two change initiatives manifest themselves the same way and each one needs to be treated uniquely, but the things that create a crisis in the management of change are often similar, for example:
- Not engaging all employees
- Managing change only at the executive level
- Telling people they have to change, we’re in a crisis
- Sending staff on a change program and expecting change to occur
- Not honouring the past
- Not giving time for staff to vent first and then change
Ripped Orange address the above issues by starting with an Organisational Readiness Assessment to ensure each area of risk is addressed appropriately for your organistion. Your output from Ripped Orange is not only a Change Management Strategic Plan but a very functional and realistic Tactical Plan.
Here is a taste of how we tackle change in a project:-
- Be engaged at the start-up phase of the project
- Assess potential risks for the project based on the organisations history
- Formulate what needs to be done to generate motivation
- Agree a shared vision for the change with the executive sponsors
- Communicate that vision as part of the projects communication plan
- Formulate a skill change plan that empowers others to act on the vision
- Plan for and create short-term wins through the life of the project
- Consolidate improvement and keep the momentum for change moving
- Institutionalise the new approaches through a longer term change plan on project close out
Ripped Orange is unique when it comes to Change Management. Not only are we specialists with change disciplines but we are also specialists with Organisational Training and Development disciplines. It is an accepted best practice that training and skill development is the key to successful long term change.